Schedule of Events
Weaving Workshop with Adele StaffordOctober 20 - 22, 2017
* Join artist and expert-weaver Adele Stafford of the world-renowned Voices of Industry for a one-on-one weaving workshop at the beautiful Pine Mountain Settlement School. In this workshop, you receive personalized instruction from Adele and weave on one of Pine Mountain's historic floor looms. During the workshop you will also eat farm-fresh food and hear live bluegrass music.
* About Adele Stafford: Adele Stafford is a hand weaver and the owner of Voices of Industry, who meticulously crafts hand-woven textiles and apparel from 100% domestic fiber farmed and spun in the United States. The making process is time-consuming; each piece is hand-woven on a mechanical loom and finished by skilled tailors and pattern makers. Adele was inspired by Sally Fox, farmer, breeder and pioneer of the organic, naturally colored cotton that she used to weave each piece of this collection. Learn more about Adele's work at http://www.voicesofindustry.com.
* Rates: Cost is $225 for an adult and $125 for children ages 6-12. There is no charge for children ages 5 years and under.
* Lodging: Visitors to Pine Mountain may stay in dormitory or cottage-style housing. Single rooms are available upon request. Linens are furnished. All buildings at Pine Mountain are smoke-free. Pets, firearms, drugs and alcohol are not permitted on School property.
* Meals: Meals are served in the Laurel House dining room. When possible, the School serves vegetables grown on campus. Vegetarian meals are available upon request.
* Advance Deposit: A non-refundable advance deposit of $50.00 per person is required at the time of registration and will apply to the total cost of the event. Lodging is not guaranteed without deposit.
A non-refundable advance deposit of $50.00 per person is required at the time of registration and will apply to the total cost of the event. Lodging is not guaranteed without deposit.
« Return to Event Listing