Pine Mountain is seeking to hire a Community Agriculture and Farm CoordinatorPOSITION TITLE: Community Agriculture and Farm Coordinator
REGULAR (X) TEMPORARY ( )
STATUS: EXEMPT ( ) NON-EXEMPT (X)
WORK LOCATION: Pine Mountain Settlement School, Bledsoe, Kentucky
SUPERVISED BY: Assistant Director
REGULARLY SCHEDULED HRS/WK: 32+ hours per week during 12-month calendar year
SUPERVISES: Farm Manager
The Community Agriculture and Farm Coordinator at Pine Mountain Settlement School will operate our community agriculture outreach program known as Grow Appalachia and oversee the Farm Manager to ensure that we are making progress on long term goals set forth in the master farm plan.
General responsibilities include:
• Oversee implementation of master farm plan which addresses planting schedules, production methods, soil fertility, crop rotation, harvest planning, etc.
• Identify seasonal workers and volunteers to aid in farm production.
• Facilitate collaboration between Farm Manager and Kitchen Manager to unsure that harvests are planned with an emphasis on what is needed to prepare meals for visitors.
• Review farm records kept by Farm Manager.
• Stay informed on new production methods and technology that can increase efficiency in farm production.
• Work with programming staff to build the demonstration potential of farm for children and adult visitors.
• Operate the Grow Appalachia community outreach program.
• Coordinate the School's agricultural work with the local community and the Grow Appalachia program.
• Work with Pine Mountain staff to organize community events and workshops related to agriculture.
• Represent the School in meetings regarding local and regional agricultural initiatives.
• Oversee the commercial kitchen project and coordinate these efforts with other commercial kitchen projects in the region.
• Other duties as needed.
Applicants may download the application and return along with a cover letter to Pine Mountain Settlement School, 36 HWY 510, Bledsoe KY 40810 or email to email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is February 7, 2017
« Return to News